There is public access to:-
Waimarie Beach Reserve with boat ramp
- curiously legally owned by Auckland Transport, and the R & R have lobbied the UHLB to change that to be Auckland Council, under the Reserves Act 1977
Malcolm Hahn Reserve,
- at the Whenuapai village hall with tennis court, play area and bush walk .
Bill Moir Reserve,
- in Waimarie Road, with toilets, play area, sports field and exercise circuit
- With a lot of open space and water access
Dale Road Reserve
- Currently a grass field leading leading down to a mangrove inlet.
Planting and other work is being conducted on all these reserves by volunteers from the local ecological group, Living Whenuapai, with plants etc. from the UHLB.
Even so, there is woefully insufficient open space for the rapidly growing population of the Whenuapai area and the R & R have been lobbying the UHLB to purchase more land for reserves for the people to use..
Note : – the North West Wildlink is a concept, not an official document.